HOUSE OF DAME BLOG
Everybody knows the Kardashian's use hair extensions and wigs to change up their look on a daily. I mean, ON A DAILY. Their hair extensions and wigs have their own closet! Their hairstylists have a job of washing and styling their hair just the same as the hair on their head, trust me, I know them! They aren't the only ones. Nearly every actress in Hollywood wears hair extensions, most correspondents and hosts on television do and I think its fair to say every influencer on Instagram has a nice selection of hair pieces as well.
Why have hair extensions become the every day norm? Well, they enhance your look, make your hair thicker at any length, and let you go from a nothing pony to a major glam snatch back pony in just a few min. Boom.
If you have hair extensions too, storage is sooo important. Make sure you wash your hair pieces often. Hang on a hanger to air dry, and store them in a HairClutch. It is the number 1 solution for traveling with your hair extensions and storing them efficiently at home + bonus, you can style the hair while its hanging.
We all know HairClutch is cute, but why do you need one? Very simple - Its the BEST way to store your hair extensions and hair pieces.
You can keep it folded and placed in your drawer ready to go for easy access to take to Dry Bar or your hair stylist when you need to.
You can have several HairClutches hanging in your closet and organize your hair by style and color to save on prep time, taking very little space. The protective cover keeps the hair in place ( hair shown laying outside of cover above).
If you like your beauty products organized and like to be ready to go, this is the product for you. Check out all our cool styles here and find the best one for you. Use code DAME10 at check out.
HairClutch is the BEST hair extension carrier and storage because it was designed with women in mind. Women on the go, women in business, women on vacation, women who like to style their own hair, women that travel to their stylist, or women simply have lots of hair and need organization for them. When we show it to influencers they always get scream they want one! Its exciting to get the validation, because we know this product is for every Dame out there with hair extensions. Check out some our fav supporters below!
@lianev 4.4 million followers and @officialjanina 1.9 million followers
@heathermcdonald 105k followers
@michellephan 2 million followers
@gretchenrossi 672k followers
We love every one our glam beauties. This is just a few of our best fans. Check our IG for more @hairclutch. Make sure to follow us for tips and tricks to use your HairClutch.
In the heat of summer I know travel is on your mind. With that comes packing your beauty secrets and we know if you don't have HairClutch.. your hair extensions are en route to be a tangled up mess. Have no fear, we decided to make a fun contest out of these worst moments! All this week we will be engaging our fun contest on your best worst hair extension messiness! The winner will receive a free HairClutch! So you never have to experience a tangled mess again. We will announce the winner on Friday!
To enter here's what you have to do:
1. Post a pic of your hair extensions in a tangled mess. (could be in your stories) Tag us @hairclutch and write #ineedhairclutch on the pic.
2. Follow our HairClutch page @hairclutch and
3. Tag 3 of your friends.
You will be automatically entered into the contest. One lucky winner will be announced on Friday to win the HairClutch of their choice..
We can't wait to see who the lucky winner will be!!
Dames, there are so many hair pieces, which are key to always have handy? While I am a fan of all hair extension pieces, there are some over others that can quickly change your look and easy to pop in.
Clip Ins are the most versatile. They come with 6-8 pieces and you can use as little or as many as you would like. They are multi functional, you can also use them to make your bun bigger or your ponytail fatter, or add a pop of color. If you don't own any hair extensions, I would start with a set of clip ins first.
Faux Ponytail is a must have. For those dirty hair days where you can't even, but you have a function you have to go to, thats the perfect moment for a perfect ponytail.
Halo Hair Pieces are an amazing way to double the length and volume of your hair without tedious application. You just throw it on like a head band, your hair hides the band, and bam you have a lioness mane and ready to hit the town.
Make sure you keep a HairClutch for each style. We have created a fun collection of colors and styles that allow you to organize your hair by style and color using different color HairClutches.
Happy Memorial weekend Dames! This weekend we remember all the fallen soldiers in remembrance of our freedom... aaaaand partay!! With a good party naturally comes fly AF hairstyles. So, I thought I would bring you a refresher of some of my fav and most popular looks for the weekend.
Let's start it off with a clip- ins trick. If you have a blunt haircut or a short haircut and you want to go long for the weekend, here's a cute tip to keep those short hair's underneath from giving away your secret...
Here's one of my favorite styles using hair extensions as an accessory, or a hairstyling tool, if you will.
Using a halo hair piece is best for this look, but you can also use a clip in. Just leave a little hair out on the side to smooth over the clip and join the bun in the back with a pin and a twist.
You can also leave your hair out and add the clip-ins that are fishtail braided in the background for added texture. HairClutch always gives me the much needed extra set of hands for styling my hair pieces.
Because we want you to fully experience HairClutch for your travel and styling needs on any weekend we are launching our Memorial Day sale today through Monday. Use code Memorial10 for your discount, Queen!
There are MANY things Beyonce does well and her hair is one of them! She is so into the half up look and ponytail vibe this year, so we know its going to be a rager for summer. Here's a few tips to achieve these looks at home.
1. Let your natural texture out
2. Use a curling iron to wave or curl your hair extensions while hanging in your HairClutch to match your texture before clipping in your hair.
3. Use a tooth brush with hairspray on it to comb up all the tiny baby hairs to make the smoothest up style.
1. Blow dry your hair going backwards and use a flat iron to iron the roots in the backwards direction.
2. Flat iron your clip in pieces and put a big barrel wave in the bottom. HairClutch holds your hair pieces into place while you style you hair.
3. Clip in 3 (2 clip) extensions in the mohawk section of your hair on top. Pull all your hair up the the top in a tight pony.
1. Use clip in extensions to add volume to the sides of your half up style.
2. Place the extensions further back than righ on the sides so you can cover with the hair you pull up for half up style.
3. Play with your color by using lighter extensions. We recommend having a few HairClutches so you can separate your hair by style and color.
Big thanks to Beyonce for inspiring us this summer. I'm totally rocking one of these to the all my summer rooftop parties! Feel free to reply to this with invites :)XXOO,Dame Amalia
Summer 2018 is all about natural texture. Let your hair look like you just woke up with that perfect Beychella hair. Who are we kidding, its not really how we woke up, it takes a lil work to look like you perfectly woke up like this! Here's a few tips to get my favorite look-
Get your favorite clip in hair extensions and braid them while hanging in your HairClutch. Leave them folded in the clutch over night. For your hair, wash and rough dry the root and mid-shaft 70% dry. Prep your hair with some beach spray. I love the Ouai beach spray best. Make two loose french braids and sleep on it.
In the a.m, take out the braids and shake out your hair. Use the Redken 'No Blow Dry' styling cream in your hair. This will make your hair piecey and calm fly aways. Clip in your hair extensions and spray some Oribe Dry texturizer.
(Image by Mr. Kate)
To get a very piecey look use Coconut Oil Gel through the ends. From here you can rock it down with a middle part or you can add fun braids to switch it up.
(Image from Pinterest)
For a night out with the girls, you can take it up a notch with the wet wave look. This is one of my favs.
(Image by Rex/Shutterstock)
To get this style, follow the steps above and part your hair on the side. Use a clear gel - like pomade on your root and mid shaft and sliding down your ends. You can hang your clip ins in your HairClutch to apply product to the hair separately.
To get your HairClutch here and use promo code DAME10.
Dames, many women ask me all the time about which hair extensions company is best to trust. My personal favorite is to get custom hair pieces from my local hair shop for custom or Extensions Plus. However, not may people have the budget, know how to pick their colors or have time, so here's the down low on my thoughts of the popular hair extension companies out there:
Cashmere Hair Extensions: 5 Star
Pros: Amazing quality, long lasting ( I've had mine for 4 years and they still look as good as day 1) wash well, lots of hair comes with your purchase.
Cons: Cost is on the higher end.
Lux Beauty Club: 5 Star
Pros: The magnet hair is next level easy. Innovative for ease in putting in and works! Great quality hair. Color matches great!
Cons: Can't think of one. Price is great!
Secret Extensions: 3 Star
Pros: The headband is easy to use, adds just the right amount of volume for same length style.
Cons: the fake hair is not great and band stretches out quickly. Not secure over time.
Glam Seemless (Tape): 3 Star
Pros: Lots of hair comes in the package, great color match, and the blondes are rooted in a match perfect way.
Cons: The blondes matte up after 3 weeks. Poor quality
Sally Beauty Hair extensions: 1 Star
Pros: Inexpensive, they have a seamless weft that is very thin , so you can't feel it. They have great colors and weft does not shed.
Cons: They only come in 18", so limited length options. It only has 100 grams of hair, so if you need alot you may want to buy 2 boxes.
Of course you Dames know all these extensions go perfectly stored and kept for longevity of hair in a HairClutch
Hope this was helpful to you guys. Let me know if you have any questions and what your experience has been!
Dames, the cat is out of the bag. We know, that you know, most celebs all wear hair extensions BUT some are so good you would have no idea its not all their real hair. Here are a few you may be surprised to hear us say -YES those are extensions! Question, have you ever wondered why they are using extra hair pieces? Wonder no more. Come along with us to find out the answers...
2. Erika Jayne- we all know she wears hair pieces but how is this look hair extensions? Do you see the volume on this bun? No one has a natural bun that size, that is all hair pieces baby.3. Jessica Alba- yep, even a mid length crop can use a little bit of extra hair help for thickness to make your wavy style not only pop but keep that wave hold.4. Reese Witherspoon- ok, you might think this is for length..but nope. Sometimes celebs want a blonder look but without more damage to your hair. Hair extensions are the solution. If you look close you can see the underneath hair is darker. Lighter pieces placed at top to mimic highlights.5. JLO- Ponytails are so in right now, and none of them look red carpet banging without a little hair extension help.Moral of the story Dames? Don't be afraid to use hair extensions to your advantage, and don't be afraid you will look too done up or over the top. These celebs above have shown us that hair extensions are just an accessory to make your hairstyle look better!P.S. You better believe that these women take really good care of their pieces, we know because we are friends with their stylists. The #1 go to for their hair travel, storage, and styling help is HairClutch.Check out what celebrity hairstylist Roger Medina has to say:
- Jennifer Lawrence is wearing hair extensions here!? Yes, girrrl! If you have fine hair and you want a short cut , hair extensions are everything to accent the style. They can really pull out the shape if its an A-line or fill in the sides for thickness in the front.
To get your's use code DAME10 at checkout for a sweet discount.