HOUSE OF DAME BLOG » bangs
Bangs, They are always a point of interest but a hard follow through. Better yet, follow through with disappointment sometimes. Here’s a couple ideas to get you through the season and staying on trend.
1. A good mid-length bang with a side sweep or a middle part can be the perfect hybrid to a wishful fringe without the commitment of a full bang, and also compliments the mid length cut/ long bob that has been trending this year.
Make sure when purchasing hair pieces you have appropriate storage for them to lengthen their life. The best all around storage, travel, and styling aid is HairClutch.
Bangs, the ultimate desire, and then…dun dun dun….the tears.
Us, ladies always want change, but then don’t always like what we’ve done. Don’t get me wrong, bangs look so amazing on some of us that we shouldn’t go a day without them. However, for most of us, it’s seasonal, trendy, and a breakup moment.
Our sincerest advice for every lady out there, get a set of clip in bangs first. They run you about $50 and the human hair ones you can color, cut and have your stylist customize for you. Once you wear them a bit and decide you love them, then for it! Otherwise you have just added some more versatility with your style.
The best bang piece options are at The Hair Shop http://shop.hairpiece.com/hairpieces/. For bangs, you want to match the color of your bang to your roots. If you are a blonde and have highlights, make sure to have your stylist give the hairpiece a little color on the root, it might need a base.
Here are some celebs with clip on bangs, bet ya didn’t know!! Shhh! It’s our little secret!
Every Year the Grammy’s are lit up with the stars and their honors. Most people get excited for the performances, But The Hair Dame gets excited for the red carpet. Not for the wardrobe, although that is exciting too, but for the fabulous hairstyles. This year did not disappoint, why? Well, we LOVE the effortlessly “cool” look, and the Grammy’s is the best award show to showcase. Below we have highlighted our favorite trends of the show season, and our stylist, Amalia Moscoso will give you the step by step to recreate the looks your self!
1. PONYTAILS. Anyone can do a ponytail, right? But can you make it look this cool?
HOW TO DIY:
1) Center part makes it so chic. a side part works too, just make sure its defined and sleek.
2) Ponytail extension. This is what takes it to another level. If you purchase the one we suggest in the link, it is a simple wrap around application.
2. SMOOTH ROOTS, CURLY ENDS. Perfect combination of sexy and cool.
HOW TO DIY
1) give yourself an amazing blowout. Do you have trouble with this? Check out our how to blowout your own hair video. If your practice still hasnt made perfect go to your local Drybar.
2) the next step is to curl or wave your ends. Sarah Potempa’s Beachwaver would be a great tool to use for this step.
3. BANGIT OUT. The gift that keeps on giving- Clip in bangs !
HOW TO DIY
1) Brush back your hairline and pin it to create an anchor for the clips on the bangs.
2) clip in your hair piece and comb it out as desired.
Top 10 Celeb Hair Moments of 2012! #10 Jessica Biel
Top 10 Celeb Hair Moments of 2012! #9 Kelly Osborne
Top 10 Celeb Hair Moments of 2012! #8 Ashley Greene
Top 10 Celeb Hair Moments of 2012! #7 Miley Cyrus
Top 10 Celeb Hair Moments of 2012! #6 Rihanna
Top 10 Celeb Hair Moments of 2012! #5 Beyonce
Top 10 Celeb Hair Moments of 2012! #4 Anne Hathaway
Top 10 Celeb Hair Moments of 2012! #3 Kate Beckinsale
Top 10 Celeb Hair Moments of 2012! #2 Rose McGowan
Top 10 Celeb Hair Moments of 2012! #1 Demi Lovato
Fringe. Brow-sweepers. Face-framers. Whatever you want to call them, bangs are still in and hotter than ever! Blunt bangs are a great way to switch up your look or just add some edge – but so many of us are afraid of committing to the cut… Have no fear! There is still a way to get that sassy look without trimming your tresses. Go commitment-free and use clip-in textured bangs like the ones we love from LUXHAIR™. They are simple to use and come in a variety of shades. Check out this pic of Kim Kardashian for example. She is sporting those snaps ins and looking fab in them!… easy in, easy out.