HOUSE OF DAME BLOG » coachella hair
Hi, Dames! Getting revved up for Coachella? If you are planning to camp, here’s some fun hair tips for heatless waves. Got you covered here!
1) Start the weekend with braids. They will get you through the first night, maybe two depending on how much fun you have. When you take them out… bam! Waves for days.
2) You get to Coachella the first day with perfect waves styled and your best looks: you go to Magic carnival and party till 7 am and your hair is disgusting… sound familiar? Well, wash it! While it’s wet, put it in a French braid like below, take a nap. When you wake up and your hair is dry, take out the braid. Bam! Waves for days.
3) Have you had a crazy weekend must wash your hair but have no time to wait for braids? Let me introduce you to your new best friend. I always say the perfect cocktail for natural waves is styling cream with a little gel. It seems Redken stole my concept and made it into the perfect product. I’m so happy because now we can use just one product to achieve the dream hairstyle of perfect natural waves.
Here’s how you do it: wash and condition your hair, towel dry, put in this awesome product work into hair –No Blow Dry– scrunch with a towel and move on with your life. Your hair will air dry perfectly.
Dames, Spring is here! I personally think it’s so much fun to play with the color of our hair to reflect and match the current season. Spring is way more than sun and sunflowers – it’s festivals, pastels in hair and floral patterns on your dress. Giving your hair a hint of pastel is so on trend right now, here’s a couple ways you can do it.
1) Go to your stylist and show her a pic of the hottest influencers on IG and tell her you want that hair. This could be pricey, but obviously it will look amaze.
2) If you are already blonde you can get a Manic Panic pastel color (the famous Creamtones) and mix it with conditioner if you want your color to be extra light. After washing your hair, apply the colored conditioner to your hair when it’s damp. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse. If you just want a small streak in your hair, separate out the piece you want and apply the color.
3) If you have dark hair or just want some temporary color, extensions are your best bet. You can always check out Etsy, for some cool color combos. Supporting our local artists is always an awesome way to go. Or, you could purchase some blonde clip-ins and color them following directions above.
Hope this inspires you for some cool pastel tones this season, Dames! Let me know if you have any questions.
Amalia Moscoso, The Hair Dame
Whether you’re all for Coachella, Nochella or Couchella – one thing we can all agree on is that the music festival you’ve grown to love, hate, or still haven’t heard of is synonymous with a certain style. As far as fashion, it’s a massive explosion of Urban Outfitters and American Apparel – which we’re not hating on. And since Indigo is located in the hot dessert where hot tools for touchups are few and far between, the ladies have no choice but to stay on-trend with loose braids and hippy-hair. Two products you MUST have in your bag to maintain this look all weekend without looking dirty is dry shampoo and beach spray!
Below are some beautiful looks to inspire your inner Coachella Take them with you to your next music festival, picnic or beach day – xo
Images from Refinery 29!