HOUSE OF DAME BLOG » how to store hair extensions
Dames, many women ask me all the time about which hair extensions company is best to trust. My personal favorite is to get custom hair pieces from my local hair shop for custom or Extensions Plus. However, not may people have the budget, know how to pick their colors or have time, so here's the down low on my thoughts of the popular hair extension companies out there:
Cashmere Hair Extensions: 5 Star
Pros: Amazing quality, long lasting ( I've had mine for 4 years and they still look as good as day 1) wash well, lots of hair comes with your purchase.
Cons: Cost is on the higher end.
Lux Beauty Club: 5 Star
Pros: The magnet hair is next level easy. Innovative for ease in putting in and works! Great quality hair. Color matches great!
Cons: Can't think of one. Price is great!
Secret Extensions: 3 Star
Pros: The headband is easy to use, adds just the right amount of volume for same length style.
Cons: the fake hair is not great and band stretches out quickly. Not secure over time.
Glam Seemless (Tape): 3 Star
Pros: Lots of hair comes in the package, great color match, and the blondes are rooted in a match perfect way.
Cons: The blondes matte up after 3 weeks. Poor quality
Sally Beauty Hair extensions: 1 Star
Pros: Inexpensive, they have a seamless weft that is very thin , so you can't feel it. They have great colors and weft does not shed.
Cons: They only come in 18", so limited length options. It only has 100 grams of hair, so if you need alot you may want to buy 2 boxes.
Of course you Dames know all these extensions go perfectly stored and kept for longevity of hair in a HairClutch
Hope this was helpful to you guys. Let me know if you have any questions and what your experience has been!
Dames, the cat is out of the bag. We know, that you know, most celebs all wear hair extensions BUT some are so good you would have no idea its not all their real hair. Here are a few you may be surprised to hear us say -YES those are extensions! Question, have you ever wondered why they are using extra hair pieces? Wonder no more. Come along with us to find out the answers...
2. Erika Jayne- we all know she wears hair pieces but how is this look hair extensions? Do you see the volume on this bun? No one has a natural bun that size, that is all hair pieces baby.3. Jessica Alba- yep, even a mid length crop can use a little bit of extra hair help for thickness to make your wavy style not only pop but keep that wave hold.4. Reese Witherspoon- ok, you might think this is for length..but nope. Sometimes celebs want a blonder look but without more damage to your hair. Hair extensions are the solution. If you look close you can see the underneath hair is darker. Lighter pieces placed at top to mimic highlights.5. JLO- Ponytails are so in right now, and none of them look red carpet banging without a little hair extension help.Moral of the story Dames? Don't be afraid to use hair extensions to your advantage, and don't be afraid you will look too done up or over the top. These celebs above have shown us that hair extensions are just an accessory to make your hairstyle look better!P.S. You better believe that these women take really good care of their pieces, we know because we are friends with their stylists. The #1 go to for their hair travel, storage, and styling help is HairClutch.Check out what celebrity hairstylist Roger Medina has to say:
- Jennifer Lawrence is wearing hair extensions here!? Yes, girrrl! If you have fine hair and you want a short cut , hair extensions are everything to accent the style. They can really pull out the shape if its an A-line or fill in the sides for thickness in the front.
To get your's use code DAME10 at checkout for a sweet discount.
Hell YES!! Here is their best kept secret they will never tell.. banging Hair Extensions and the BEST hair extension storage and travel bag of course. It is kinda obvious when they have short hair one day and hair down to the floor the next. This leads to the next question, how would you ever store all this hair? Keeping your hair extensions organized and in one place seems like a mysterious thing to do. Not anymore! Keeping your hair well organized and safe is very necessary- just ask the Kardashians. We created HairClutch for all of you that own hair pieces. The idea was to make storing and traveling with hair easy while affordable enough to organize different hair styles in several clutches. You can even hang them in your closet by style and length. Some Dames like a different color clutch for each hair set. Now getting ready is as easy as grab, place on and go!
You can store your hair like a Kardashian too , buy your HairClutch now and use promo code DAME10.
Hey, Dames! If you haven’t noticed we’ve been talking to you about Secret Extensions by The Hair Dame for a couple months now. This month we got together with Instagram girls @blondeswhoeat and in this video we have Erika showing you the simplicity of how to apply this hair piece and what a big difference it does in fact make.
Put on the hair piece like a headband and follow these 3 easy steps …
1 – Take out hair from underneath.
2 – Loosen hair around hairline.
3 – Using a comb, comb out the hair on top to free the hair from the invisible band.
You can buy your Secret Extensions here: www.secretextensionsbythehairdame.com
You can buy your HairClutch (3-in-1- storage, travel, and styling assistant) here: www.hairclutch.com
Use Promo Code: THD2016 for a discount
Follow us on social media to stay in the loop for all our special deals, tips, and tricks in the hair game
and make sure to subscribe to our channel:
Let us know any hairstyles you are dying to try in the comment section below. The Hair Dame wants to empower you to be your very own hair expert
Hair extensions are an investment, no doubt about it. So its important to care of your investment by properly caring for your extensions. The length of life to your hair extensions is dependent on how well you take care of them. Below is a few recommendations on how to get keep your hair in healthy condition for as long as possible
1) Wash your hair! If you are a clip-in and go girl, then you don’t need to wash after every wear. However, if you are a Dame that sprays hair products and uses shine serums, we recommend washing after every 2 styles. Having hair product sit and marinate in the hair will dry it out dull the color over time. Use a sulfate free gentle shampoo. Baby shampoo is great or a mild daily shampoo with a moisture component. Most hair extension companies also provide shampoos to care for your purchase. Make the extra investment. Its definitely worth it. Here are a few of our favorites…
2) Air Dry– The same way too much heat and hot tools create dried split ends on our own hair , it does on the extensions as well. Think ahead and wash your hair pieces with enough time to let them hang to air dry. You can use a hanger and hang them in the shower or drape them over the back of a chair. They just need enough air to pass through and dry them thoroughly. You want to make sure they are 100% dry before storing them. If they are even a little bit wet they will mildew, and we dont want that!!
3) Store them safely- properly storing your hair extensions is a huge part in managing the life of your hair. Always brush them out and it is ideal to have them hanging from a top to bottom direction in the closet. Or safely in something that protects the hair from getting tangled or ratted out. Our favorite storage and travel solution is HairClutch. Not only is it great for storing in your closet or safely wrapping up for travel, but you can style the hair while its hanging in the clutch before you put it in your hair.