HOUSE OF DAME BLOG » secret volume
I have to share another secret with my Dames! Ever wonder how or why celebs on the red carpet have such big glamorous buns? Well, they have a secret weapon. Their hairstylist uses hair pieces to make them bigger and more voluminous. (Of course!)
Now, you can too! I love this product called Secret Volume by The Hair Dame. It’s very versatile and allows you to do many things we women struggle with, like covering up thinning spots, hiding grown out roots and making updos more dramatic. It can also make your bun a little bigger than normal. See how and try it yourself by following the steps below!
1. Bring your hair to the ponytail of choice, side or top.
2. There are 3 clips on the secret volume piece, wrap the piece around the ponytail clipping it into place.
3. Tease the Secret Volume piece all the way around and wrap your ponytail around the teased hair. Pin hair into place with bobby pins where needed.
Let me know how it goes! Tag me in any of your pics and I will repost you.
The hair Dame
I’ve noticed that a lot of people are still loving half up styles with a top knot. I can’t lie – I’m loving it too. It’s an easy mix up of a regular half style. However, I’ve noticed that some Dames have all this beautiful thick hair with extensions and then their top knots are… a little weak. I am currently obsessed with this new Volumizer hair piece. It makes buns bigger, knots bigger, updo’s fuller, and it can even be clipped on to cover over grown roots if you haven’t made it into the salon yet. In the pics below, I’ll show you how to make your top knot bigger with it!
** Note: I prepped my Secret Extensions by The Hair Dame first and put them on before hand.
Step 1: Using your bristle brush, smoooth out any kinks and bumps in your hair and pull up to the top in a tight rubber band. When pulling your hair through the rubber band, don’t pull it all the way through, leaving a little loop (the long hair left out will be used later)
Step 2: Take the Secret Volume piece and clip it in around the loop. There are three clips on the piece, so clip them one by one as you wrap around the loop.
Step 3: Tease the volumizer all the way around.
Step 4: Take the long piece of hair that was left out from the loop and wrap it around the teased hair and pin into place. Voila! Bigger buns!
Step 5: Tease underneath the top layer of your hair to give a little volume to the hair that’s left down.
So… there you go Dames. The top knot is here to stay so you might as well make it slay!
Amalia Moscoso, The Hair Dame
Hi, Dames! This week was all about bangs and volume, so we couldn’t leave you without giving you a step-by-step guide on how to create this awesome look. Check this how to video on how to use the Secret Bangs and Secret Volume.
Secret Bangs have a unique color blending ability as well as hair the stretches across the top of your head to have a more blending effect with your hair. Secret Volume is a magic hair piece that creates more volume in any hairstyle.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to create this look:
1. Comb bottom clips into your hairline, stop and snap when the hair reaches your desired length against your eyebrows. Pull tight and snap the top clip into place.
2. Pull all your hair into a a high ponytail on top of your head.
3. Wrap the Secret Volume piece around the ponytail using its clips to snap it into place.
4. Tease the Secret Volume hair piece all around and then wrap your hair around it, using it as a base. Bobby-pin the hair into place.
5. Brush up all the loose hair and pin them into the bun. Voila!
For more info, click here: https://www.SECRETEXTENSIONS.com/?mid=8731044
You can buy your HairClutch To store all your awesome hair pieces here: http://www.hairclutch.com/collections/frontpage
If you missed it, you can check out our interview with Katie Welch on bangs and volume here: http://thehairdame.com/?p=2051&preview=true
and make sure to subscribe to our Youtube Channel:
Let us know any hairstyles you are dying to try below. The Hair Dame wants to empower you to be your very own hair expert
Hey, Dames! Who wants volume that doesn’t quit?! WE DO!
We’ve found this epic hair piece that’s totally life-changing! It’s called Secret Volume. But… what does it do? It’s multi-functional: it can cover bald spots or over-dramatic cow licks. Below we show you a fun way to create forever volume in a half-up hairstyle. Chrissy Tiegen rocks this style from time to time, it’s a fav go-to.
Below are some tips and steps about how to do it with ease.
1. Tease the front top section of hair.
2. Clip in the Secret Volume hair piece. Snap in the middle clip first so you have a grip when snapping in the side clips.
3. Tease the Secret Volume hair piece and pull your hair over it. Smooth out the top layer of your hair and pull together. Tie off with a cute rubber band.
For More Info, CLICK LICK Below:
Don’t forget to always keep your hair pieces stored safely in your HairClutch.
Let us know what you think. Post your versions of the hairstyle on IG and tag us @thehairdame. We will repost our favorites.