HOUSE OF DAME BLOG » the wet look
Dames, there are so many reasons I love the “wet look” for summer. Here’s a few top reasons it’s my go-to look that everyone envies achieving.
- It’s a great beach/pool party look that makes as if you went into the water, but like, who does that?
- You have 5 min to get ready after the shower to head to a party and you don’t want a wet bun.
- You’re on vacation and you don’t want to use hot tools.
If those aren’t enough reasons for you to master this look, then you’re just not that into it BUT if you are here’s how you do it.
- Make sure your hair is wet at the root, even just a little damp, you want to saturate your root with product and then evenly distribute through your ends.
- If you don’t have the 1 perfect product to do the trick, always mix a gel, a styling cream, and a tiny bit of oil (coconut oil is amazing if you like the smell).
- Use your towel gloves and scrunch out as much water as you can.
Below are a few of my favorite options:
Here’s my video showing you how to do it the straight version way- so great for a formal look..
Hope this helps with which products to use and how to do it! Let me know how it goes and ask me any questions. @thehairdame
The Hair Dame
Hi, Dames! It’s still winter, but who doesn’t like to dip out of the cold and into the Caribbean or head to Mexico for a little sunshine and R&R? If you do find yourself there or just want to act like you’re there, there’s one look you need right now: the wet, “Kim K in Miami” look. It’s wavy, curly and stays looking wet. There’s a few tricks to it and different levels of wet. This is my personal go to when I’m on vacay, and that’s way before Kim K was doing it! Below is a light version of it, but not as dramatic. However, this wont frizz up on you, wont look greasy, and will stay wet looking all night. Its a great look for a wedding near the beach, a daytime pool party, a dinner on vacay or, if you live in Florida, any day!
Get the look:
1. You can start with clean hair or not so clean hair. It’s actually better if you have a day of dirty hair so your roots are already a little wet-looking.
2. Wave your hair with beach waves and use texturizer to make it beachy and piecey. Take a little mix of coconut oil and grooming cream and work it into your hair starting at the roots and move into the ends.
3. If you do not have coconut oil handy, you can use a little gel and dry oil. Mix the gel and styling or grooming cream and spray with dry oil at the end.
Heres some of my favorite products: